Alabama Skies: The heat is back!

Published 9:52 pm Thursday, August 17, 2023

We’re certainly going to pay for that little break some of us had the past couple of days. Friday is the cool day for the next seven to 10 days and it’s looking likely that some of us could heat up well into the triple digits several days from this weekend onward.

We really won’t have much of a chance for rain the next few days. Of course, we’re back to high temperatures with high humidity, so there could always be a brief shower or storm developing just because it’s so hot.

The Atlantic Ocean also needs watching. As we mentioned yesterday, there are two spots that could possibly develop into something more than a group of storms in the tropics. Both spots have a 40 percent chance of forming within 48 hours and 60 percent chance within seven days.

North Alabama

Sunny with a high of 89. Mostly clear overnight with a low of 63.

Central Alabama

Sunny with a high of 91. Mostly clear Friday night with a low of 68.

South Alabama

Sunny with a high near 96. Mostly clear with a low of 71 Friday night.

Gulf Coast

Sunny with a high of 97. Mostly clear with a low of 75 overnight.