17 people arrested; gambling machines, guns, drugs and cash seized in Alabama raid
Published 6:12 am Friday, May 7, 2021
Alabama officials arrested 17 people, seized 26 gambling machines, three guns, marijuana, drug paraphernalia and more than $20,000 in cash after an investigation into an illegal gambling operation in Decatur.
After receiving a number of complaints of illegal gambling at 1222 21st Ave. SW in Decatur, police executed a search warrant Thursday.
Seventeen people were arrested and booked into the Morgan County Jail. Three were charged with gambling and other offenses. Eleven were charged with loitering.
Police say the investigation is ongoing and more charges could be filed.
Those arrested were:
- Keithan Swoopes: Promoting Gambling and Switched Tag – $600 bond
- Perez Foster: Promoting Gambling, Marijuana II, Loitering, four failure to appear warrants – $2,900 bond
- Renardo Aldridge: Promoting Gambling and Marijuana II – $600 bond
- Tonya Billings: Loitering, Illegal Possession of Prohibited Liquor and Carrying a Pistol w/o a Permit – $900 bond
- Cordarrell Mason: Loitering and three failure to appear – $1,800 bond
- Desmond Aldridge: Loitering and Marijuana II – $600
- Tara Dillard: Loitering – $300
- Mary Patrica: Loitering – $300
- Vaita Jones: Loitering – $300
- Gladis Alba: Loitering – $300
- Jaquez Scruggs: Loitering – $300
- Walter Orr: Loitering – $300
- Jose Sanchez: Loitering – $300
- Donna Moore: Loitering – $300
- Antwan Fuqua: Loitering – $300
- Martez Jackson: Loitering – $300
- Jurion Dajuan Johnson: Loitering – $300