Coronavirus update: Alabama cases top 100 across state
Published 5:04 pm Friday, March 20, 2020
Alabama Public Health officials announced late Friday afternoon an additional 25 more positive cases of the COVID-19 coronavirus have been identified across the state.
Positive cases have been found in 20 counties in Alabama.
Here’s were the virus has been discovered.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Alabama
Updated: March 20, 2020 4:50 p.m. (CT)
County of Residence
The number of people infected worldwide surpassed the 259,000 mark. Deaths topped 11,000, but the number of people considered recovered reached over 87,000, according to a tally kept by Johns Hopkins University.
The University’s tracking shows approximately 17,303 cases in the U.S.
Everyone is warned to take the necessary precautions to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and stay safe and healthy.
These precautions include:
- Washing your hands for at least 20 seconds and frequently
- Covering your cough or sneeze with your arm
- Avoiding touching your face
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Avoiding close contact with others
- And staying home if you are sick