Six new coronavirus cases confirmed in Alabama; See which counties they’re in
Published 2:20 pm Monday, March 16, 2020
Alabama Public Health officials announced Monday afternoon six new cases of the COVID-19 coronavirus, bringing the total number of cases across Alabama to 28.
That number of positive cases has steadily increased over the last several days.
Here’s a breakdown of where the cases were confirmed:
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Alabama
Updated: March 16, 2020 1:05 p.m (CT)
County of Residence
No deaths have been reported yet in the state of Alabama from coronavirus, the Alabama Public Health officials report.
Health officials suggest taking the necessary precautions to help limit the spread of COVID-19 which include:
- Washing your hands for at least 20 seconds and frequently
- Covering your cough or sneeze with your arm
- Avoiding touching your face
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Avoiding close contact with others
- And staying home if you are sick