Coronavirus cases growing across South; here’s a state-by-state breakdown
Published 10:55 pm Sunday, March 15, 2020
Across the South, positive cases of the COVID-19 coronavirus are growing.
Here’s a breakdown, by state, from Sunday:
Alabama: 22 positive cases, 0 deaths.
Florida: 136 positive cases, 4 deaths.
Georgia: 99 positive cases, 1 death.
Louisiana: 103 positive cases, 2 deaths.
Mississippi: 10 positive cases, no deaths.
Tennessee: 39 positives cases, no deaths.
Everyone is warned to take the necessary precautions to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and stay safe and healthy.
These precautions include:
- Washing your hands for at least 20 seconds and frequently
- Covering your cough or sneeze with your arm
- Avoiding touching your face
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Avoiding close contact with others
- And staying home if you are sick